Monday 27 July 2015

protests all over india force salman khan to delete his pro-yakoob tweets

After tweeting in support of the 1993 blast convict, Yakub Memon, Salman had to face a barrage of opposition. Even the actor's father, Salim Khan, had called his tweets, ridiculous. The Bhartiya Janta Party and some judges of the court had also expressed their displeasure over this. The actor, then, deleted the tweets in question. He also posted tweets clarifying his stand.
 
 He tweeted, "I had tweeted that Tiger Memon should hang for his crimes and I stand by it. What i also said is that Yakub Memon should not hang for him. I have not said or implied that Yakub Memon is innocent. I have complete faith in the judicial system of our country. Many lives were lost in the Mumbai blasts. And I have repeatedly said the loss of one innocent life is equal to the loss of all humanity. My dad called & said I should retract my tweets as they have the potential to create misunderstanding. I here by retract them. I would like to unconditionally apologise for any misunderstanding I may have created unintentionally. I also strongly condemn those who are claiming my tweets are anti religious. I have always said I respect all faiths and I always will."

No comments:

Post a Comment